A UK Transit visa enables its holder to transit through the UK to reach their destination country. This visa is only for non-EEA and non-Swiss nationals.
Who Needs a UK Transit Visa?
1) You will be changing flights in the UK on your way to another country.
2) You will go through UK border control, for example to check in your luggage for a connecting flight.
3) You will be leaving the UK within 48 hours.
How to Apply for a UK Transit Visa?
When applying for a UK Transit Visa, you need to complete some procedures, which we have listed below step by step:
1) Check which type of UK transit Visa you need to apply for. Remember that it all depends on whether you will be going through the border control or not.
2) Check where you need to apply. This could be a UK embassy or a visa application center in your country.
3) Gather the required documents. You can find a list of these documents below.
4) Complete the online application form. You can find the application form online at the official website of the UK government.
5) Make a visa appointment.
6) Attend your appointment. At your appointment you will have your biometric information, fingerprints and photograph taken.
Required Documents for UK Transit Visa
1) Valid Passport.
2) Evidence that you are allowed to enter the country you are travelling to. This could be any of the following:
4) Green card
5) valid visa
6) Proof on your onward journey.
UK Transit Visa Fees
1) UK Direct Airside Transit visa (DATV)fee £35.
2) UK Visitor in Transit visa fee £64.