The duration of a work visa depends on the amount of work you have and labor market conditions. In countries like New Zealand offers you the facility to apply for a work to residence visa. To turn your work visa into a residence visa, you need to fulfill the age, health and character requirements. Likewise, in the USA, a foreign citizen can get work visa permit for a maximum period of 6 months. All work visas to USA need to be approved by USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services).
How to apply for a work visa?
Different countries may have different procedures and criteria for issuing work permit visas to employees. You can apply for a work visa by using both online and offline modes of application.
Online application: You can apply for a work visa online by visiting the embassy website of a particular country. What you have to do is to fill all information online and pay the visa application fees. The visa application fees can also be transferred online.
Offline application: If it is an offline work visa application, you need to download the application form, fill all required details and send it to the concerned embassy of your destination country located in your country. But all countries may not accept online visa applications.
All your visa application needs to be supported by the proof of your education and work experience to support the fact that you meet the requirements for the job.
Steps to Follow while Applying for a Work Visa
- Step 1: Decide whether you are applying online or offline.
- Step 2:Get all necessary documents from your current and previous employers.
- Step 3:Complete the visa application form by entering all required information.
- Step 4:Pay the fees required for visa processing
- Step 5:Send the filled application to the concerned embassy.
Time taken in processing work permit visa varies depending on the type of work you would be doing. Once you receive a work permit, you need to keep in mind a few things which include
- You should not do any other work except the kind of job for which you have received permit.
- You must carry the work permit with you during your office hours.
- You should apply extension or work permit renewal, if needed, before the permit expires.
- If you lose your work permit, you need to inform your employer a dapple for a fresh one.
Work visa eligibility
The following common eligibility conditions apply when you apply for a work permit visa:
Your work permit visa application needs to be supported by the following c documents.
- Copies of all academic qualifications.
- Copies of professional qualifications.
- Work experience certificates from the previous employers.
- Employer’s reference letter.
- Signed client contract (if any).
Apart from the following documents, you may requested to furnish further information/documents as per requirement of the immigration authority of a particular country.
Work visa denial
Sometimes it may happen that the immigration authority of your destination country rejects your work visa permit. A work visa permit may be rejected under the following circumstances;